Since we go to LEGOLAND® California fairly frequently, I am always focused on something healthy to eat (I can’t use the “theme park” excuse four times in a month). Having worked “on the inside” years ago, I know that the Food and Beverage Department always has healthy eating options at the top of their priority list, so no matter what area of the Park you find yourself in, you will be able to find something either low calorie, gluten free, vegetarian and/or vegan.
Here is a list of my favorite things to eat at the Park that don’t involve anything fried and are easy on the waistline:
1) Salad bar at Fun Town Market. This salad bar has a ton of fresh vegetables plus cottage cheese and a variety of prepared salads.
2) Grilled Salmon at the Upper Deck Sports Café – Get your Omega-3 fix while your kids play at the LEGO brick play tables.
3) Grilled fish burrito at the Beach Front Grill – Fish burritos are a Southern California staple and are a perfect meal in between splashing and tubing around the Water Park.
4) Signature Caprese Panini at Garden Restaurant – My mouth just watered as I typed that. I love this sandwich.
5) Fresh Fruit Cups at Ocean Journeys Café – These are a perfect treat for everyone in the family. Get your daily dose of fruits for the day and then any other desserts you may indulge in throughout the day won’t be as guilt-inducing.
Other healthy dining tips:
• Salads can be ordered at Brickolini, Fun Town Market, Garden Restaurant, Sports Café, Ocean Journey Cafe and Knights’ Table
• Healthy snacks are available at The Market. Stop by when you first enter the Park to get your stash for the entire day.
• Vegetarian and gluten free options at most venues. If you don’t see an option on the menu, just ask and they will do their best to accommodate your needs!
Happy Dining and brick regards!
Model Mom Mary